Winterfest returns to the Lake Chelan Valley next month, and we’re already dusting off our snowboots and sleds!
During Winterfest, you get not one but TWO weekends of winter-focused fun! And during the second weekend, it all goes down in the Village of Manson!
Here’s what to look forward to during the Manson Winterfest Weekend, plus a bonus packing list to ensure you’re prepared for all the fun (and weather!) it holds!
Winterfest Weekend in Manson, January 19 – 21
While the Lake Chelan Winterfest spans from January 12 – 21, the ultimate fun kicks off in Manson during its second weekend, January 19 – 21! This is when Manson’s main street closes down to make way for the ice bar, live music, and Bubble Brunch, among others!
On top of all-day fun and music, there’s a fireworks display at Manson Bay Park on the evening of January 20th. Plus, catch exclusives and specials featured across our boutique wineries, restaurants, and shops! Be sure to purchase a Winterfest button here to access the best deals.
Here’s a full rundown of the schedule for Manson’s Winterfest Weekend:
Friday, January 19, 5 pm-10 pm
- 3 pm-6 pm Kids Crafts & cocoa @ Lake Chelan Visitor Center
- 5 pm Ice Bar Opens
- 5 pm-7 pm Live Music with Dani Bacon
- 7:30 pm-9:30 pm Live Music with Whiskey Trail
Saturday, January 20, 10 am – 10 pm
- 11 am-12:30 pm Bubble Brunch Session 1
- 12 pm Ice Bar Opens
- 12 pm-4 pm Face Painting + Meet Elsa & Olaf @ Manson Grange
- 2 pm-3:30 pm Bubble Brunch Session 2
- 2 pm-2:30 pm Live Music with Owen Barnhart
- 4 pm-5:45 pm Live Music with The Skiffs
- 6:30 pm Fireworks Display @ Manson Bay
- 7 pm-9:30 pm Live Music with Full Vinyl Jacket
Sunday, January 21
- 1 pm Viki Downey Polar Bear Plunge @ Manson Bay
- Fundraiser providing Free Swim Lessons
Check back on the Lake Chelan Winterfest website for updates to the schedule as we get closer to the big weekend!
Family Fun at Winterfest
Aside from the organized festivities (just steps away from your room at The Lodge!), there are also lots of great options for winter fun at Mountain View Lodge & Resort and across the valley.
For starters, our hot tub is up and running, which means you can stay warm and toasty no matter the weather! And this is a fun way to get into the elements without compromising your fingers and toes! Don’t forget to treat yourself to a mug of hot chocolate in our lobby afterward.
Snow pending, there’s plenty of space to build a whole snow family across our grounds! Why not start a friendly snowman-building contest with the family??
For those looking for snow sports, Echo Valley has the perfect family-friendly ski hill for tubing, skiing, and snowboarding! Drive a short way up the road from the ski hill for miles of cross-country and snowshoe trails.
What To Pack For Winterfest in Manson
A common question we get is: will there be snow?
The truth is anything could happen! We’ve had snowy Winterfests, we’ve had sunny Winterfests, and oh yes, we’ve even had drizzly Winterfests.
Having said that, January is one of the snowier months in the Lake Chelan Valley, and it’s not unheard of to have single-digit temperatures at night.
With that in mind, here’s what to pack to ensure you’re prepared for anything!
- Warm clothes: wool socks, a winter jacket, waterproof boots, and hats & mittens will ensure you stay toasty while outside.
- Skin protection: A good face moisturizer, SPF (yes, even in the winter!), and chapstick will protect your skin from wind, cold, and sun.
- Snow equipment: sleds, skis, and tubes if you’ve got them! But don’t worry, these are also available for rent at the Echo Valley Ski Hill.
- Grab & go snacks and a water bottle: Winterfest is one of our busiest events in Lake Chelan! That means you might be up against wait times at restaurants. Have snacks on hand, and stay hydrated to enjoy the festivities to the fullest! You can grab snacks, drinks and other necessities in our gift shop, too!
More than anything, remember to HAVE FUN and enjoy the celebrations as our little Village of Manson bursts to life with winter joy!
Book Your Winterfest Getaway to The Lodge
Mountain View Lodge & Resort is your gateway to all things Winterfest in the Lake Chelan Valley! Located in the heart of the Village of Manson, you’re just a short walk from wineries, restaurants, and parks, and a short drive to adventure and fun when you book a room at The Lodge.