Valentine’s Day is a time to express your love and appreciation for the special someone in your life. Whether it’s an intimate dinner or a romantic getaway, there are endless ways to show you care.
Here are four great ways to spend time with your love during Valentine’s in the beautiful Lake Chelan Wine Valley.
Explore the Towns and Have a Romantic Dinner
Take a casual walk and explore Downtown Manson and Chelan with your significant other to kick off a romantic Valentine’s Day. There’s always something fun waiting to be found in the spirit of the month of love.
PLUS, The Lodge is within a 5-minute walking distance from the Lake and Downtown Manson!
After a fun day of venturing around the towns, put on your Valentine’s Day best outfit and have a romantic dinner at one of these great-tasting spots.
Sorrento’s Ristorante – Tsillan Cellars
If you’re looking for ambiance with a view, Sorrento’s Ristorante at Tsillan Cellars is the perfect spot for some delectable wine, delicious food, and an elegant atmosphere.
This charming restaurant is located roughly 20 min from The Lodge and nestled along the lake’s South Shore. Enjoy your exceptional Italian dish as you sip a delicious glass of Tsillan Cellars wine and overlook the Lake Chelan Valley.
PLUS, you’re in for a real treat as they celebrate the month of love with a special Valentine’s Day dinner event from February 11 – 14 from 5pm – 8pm!
Wapato Point Cellars
Are you ready for a delicious gourmet meal at a beautiful restaurant overlooking a vineyard? Located just 8 minutes walking distance from the Lodge is Winemaker’s Grill at Wapato Point Cellars. This enchanting location will take your Valentine’s Day evening to the next level.
Check out the Winemaker’s menu and select from one of the carefully prepared meals that are sure to put a smile on your loved one’s face. Why not start your meal with a creamy bowl of clam chowder and fire prawns? Next, move on to a delectable main entre of Pesto Gnocchi topped with toasted pine nuts and drizzled with balsamic glaze.
Top off the evening with a plate of peanut butter chocolate cake and a nice glass of 2018 Cabernet Franc from the wine menu.
Chocolate Pairings & Romantic Dinner
Nothing says Valentine’s Day like delicious, mouth-watering chocolate. However, this Valentine’s Day, why not take it a step further and experience the delightful pairing of chocolate and wine?
That’s right! During February, around the Lake Chelan Valley, you and your loved one can experience delicious chocolate pairings at one of the many beautiful wineries.
Select from one of these fantastic events to celebrate your Valentine’s Day:
Once you’ve had your traditional chocolaty Valentine’s Day experience, spruce up the evening with an elegant dinner at one of these romantic spots:
Looking for an authentic Italian restaurant that helps you capture the feeling of an evening in the middle of Venice? Look no further than Andante!
Located just 15 minutes from The Lodge, this Italian restaurant will be the romantic cap to your lovely day in Lake Chelan.
What should you order off their menu? We recommend:
- Mussels with Tomato – Mussels sauteed in tomatoes, garlic, and red wine.
- Grapefruit Prosciutto Salad – Fresh Romaine tossed with shaved Prosciutto, fresh grapefruit pieces, green onion, croutons, and raspberry vinaigrette, then finished with feta cheese.
- Fire Pasta with Chicken – Spicy, Tangy Parmesan Cream sauce on top of a bed of angel hair and our house-tenderized, seasoned, and breaded chicken. Incredible flavor! Very Spicy.
- Tuscan Seafood Stew – Prawns, scallops, cod, clams, and muscles in a base of fresh garlic, celery, parsley, onion, and tomatoes with white wine and stock. Served with a grilled baguette. This dish is very light yet filling.
Vin du Lac Winery
If you’ve ever wondered what it would feel like to have a romantic meal in a fairytale-like atmosphere, head over to Vin du Lac Winery and prepare to be amazed.
Surrounded by lovely weeping willow trees, gorgeous views of the lake, and mountain landscape, this bistro will create a romantic mood for the evening.
You can’t go wrong with any of the food on their menu, but we recommend the following:
- Baked Brie – Baked brie wheel served with a warm artisan baguette and assorted jams
- Raspberry Salad – Fresh greens, raspberries, green onions, fresh mozzarella, garlic, pepitas, and house tarragon vinaigrette
- Mediterranean Pasta – Gemelli pasta tossed with tomato, eggplant, red bell peppers, olives, capers, onion, garlic, and olive oil
- Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese – Cavatappi pasta, smoked gouda cheese sauce, rice panko, parsley
- Steak Frites – Daily selection of steak served with fresh chimichurri and house-cut fries.
Exploring the Wineries
If spending your Valentine’s experience with delicious wine tastings is at the top of your list, the Lake Chelan Wine Valley is the perfect destination for you and your significant other.
From beautiful settings with awe-inspiring views to delicious locally produced wines, we’ve rounded up some of the best spots within walking distance of your stay at The Lodge so that you can explore the exciting wine culture during your Valentine’s celebrations.
Here are a few great locations within walking distance of The Lodge:
- Skagit Cellars
- Radiance Winery
- Vibe Cellars
- Lake Chelan Brewery
- Sunset Beach Bar
- Buddy’s Place
- Coffee Cabin
- Winegirl Wines
- Rio Vista Wines at the Cabin
- C R Sandidge Wines
Keep it Simple
Now we know that some people really enjoy sticking to the tradition of celebrating Valentine’s Day on the day of, regardless of what day it falls upon. But let’s not forget that keeping things simple can make for a very romantic evening!
Here are a few ways that keeping it simple can make for an excellent Valentine’s Day:
- Write your loved one a romantic poem, bring them flowers/chocolates, open a bottle of wine, and enjoy the company of one another!
- Cook and prepare your favorite meal together.
- Start a scrapbook of your relationship together. You’ll enjoy this activity together. Gather up photos of your relationship, old ticket stubs of fun things you’ve done together, and anything meaningful, and make a beautiful book that you can look back at and add more to in the following years!
- Prepare and bake something sweet to enjoy together after dinner.
- Don’t neglect the fun romantic comedies you’ll enjoy, and have a movie night with popcorn and strawberries. Here are a couple of really great romantic comedy movies:
Valentine’s at The Lodge
We hope these recommendations have given you some great ideas to make your Valentine’s Day extra romantic this year!
If you’re looking for something unique this year, consider grabbing a room at The Lodge and celebrating Valentine’s Day in the heart of Washington State – The Lake Chelan Wine Valley! With its picturesque landscapes and award-winning wineries, it’s no wonder couples flock here when seeking out romantic experiences during the month of love.We love meeting new travelers and welcoming back seasonal travelers as well! If you need assistance planning your trip, call us at (509) 687-9505. Also, ask us about some of the deals and packages we currently offer, as we always add new deals!